Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My Review of Junkie by Heather C. Leigh



When I read the blurb of this book, I knew I had to get my hands on it. Dark books lately seem to be my go to! This dark and angsty book didn't disappoint and it left me wanting more!

Miri is a junkie! She is a very lost soul who doesn't even know who she is anymore. Her life has become nothing more than looking for her next fix. We get a glimpse that she was once a beautiful girl who had a terrible past but was able to work pass that with a brighter future. Horrible circumstances happen that have made her the junkie she is today.

Boss has worked hard to become the biggest drug lord there is in Austin. He climbed the drug kingdom ladder quickly with hard work and ruthless ways. He is a man to be feared! Boss has suffered a horrible loss that enables him to have a softer side when it comes to Miri. His past comes to light and we begin to understand more of why he is the person he is.

Miri and Boss have a lot of odds against them to make their relationship work. Some people don't want them to be together. They fear for themselves if this happens. They are afraid Boss will lose sight of the battles he is trying to win.

This book is very gritty and detailed to the drug world. It really gave me an eye opener about addiction and what it does to you. But there is also love that shines in the darkest moments. I am anxiously awaiting the next book in this series. And yes, it does end on a cliffhanger that will leave you screaming for more!


















No comments:

Post a Comment